Cooking from scratch – the healthy way to eat
A super easy recipe that will put a smile on your kids face.
Fun to make together with the kids on a Saturday afternoon.
This recipe is easy and fast to make. Not only your kids will love these homemade chicken nuggets. You can serve them as you would serve the store-bought nuggets.
- Ca. 1 lb/ 500g of chicken breast meat
- 1 cup / 120g of bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup / 35g of grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/2 cup / 60g all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Some vegetable oil
- Cut the chicken in the desired size (ca. 3-4 cm)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F or 230°C
- Fill the 1st soup plate with the flour
- Fill the 2nd soup plate with the eggs (beaten up)
- Fill the 3rd soup plate with the bread crumbs, the salt and the Parmesan (optional)
- Sprinkle your baking sheet with some oil
- Dip the chicken meat first into the flour from all sides
- Now dip the chicken meat into the eggs from all sides
- Roll the chicken meat in the bread crumb mix.
- Lay your chicken nuggets on the baking sheet
- Bake the chicken nuggets for approximate 15 minutes. Flip them once after 7 minutes
- Some people prefer to bake the chicken nuggets in a frying pan. This is a great way to do it as well, if you are not concerned about the usage of too much oil.
Young Sustainable http://www.youngsustainable.com/